The Navy Museum Development Foundation (NMDF) is looking for Sailors of all ranks and eras who would like to share their sea stories — or nominate someone you served with!
We want to hear and share your most memorable experience(s) while you were serving. We we want to know what historical event you experienced firsthand while serving and/or what was your most memorable experience. Send us your photos or videos so that we can share it via our social media platforms and web site.
Each week, we’ll pick a story to be published as a vlog (Max 500 words or 3 mins for video) and on our social media. Open to active-duty Navy, retirees, and veterans from all eras. Other items to consider:
• No cursing or obscene language or images.
• No racial or discriminatory slurs.
• Check spelling and grammar, written blogs with errors will not be selected.
• By sending us your story, you automatically agree to have it published on our web site and social media platforms, along with any media file that you send to us.
• On the subject line write: Sea Story – Your full name (i.e.: Sea Story – Jane Doe)
• Don’t forget to write your social media name if you want us to tag you when we publish it via Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
Once selected we will notify you either by email or by phone. Your story will be part one of the Navy’s most valuable projects and to our nation’s history and legacy. It will live forever not only in our archives, but also in the hearts and minds of our readers.