How Can you support this vital mission?
Provide Seed Funding
Coordinate a grassroots funding effort through outreach to hundreds of ship and squadron alumni groups representing over one million Navy veterans. JP Morgan is waiving merchant fees, so more money goes directly to the operations of the museum.
Become a Founding Donor
For more information on how you can support, email xxxx.
Assume a Leadership Role
IIjsine iIijns kkse.
Participate in the Development Process
Mobilize the Sea Service Non-Profit partners to support this mission, including: AUSN, US Navy Memorial, Fleet Reserve Association, US Naval Institute, Navy League of the United States, and the Naval Historical Foundation;
Spread the Message
Generate nationwide publicity for the museum by providing a focused platform for highlighting its central role in promoting America’s understand of the Navy’s heritage and ongoing mission.
Capital Campaign Steering Committee
Role & Function
The Steering Committee is the chief public / forward-facing fundraising body for the Campaign. This group is actively engaged in developing and implementing strategies to cultivate and solicit volunteers and donors. NMDF is looking for people who are recognized and respected in this community, have a history of success and, often have the capacity to make large gifts to the campaign. It is the group that, by extension, adds credibility to the Campaign.
And we need your help.
Functions of a Steering Committee include:
- Make a personally meaningful and generous gift – often representing the largest gifts of the Campaign
- Work under the Board and Campaign Co-Chairs, with the Executive Director, to oversee the fundraising of the Campaign
- Serve on needed and select Campaign Sub-Committees in support of the fundraising initiatives
- Provide advice and counsel to leadership and serve as a sounding board for Campaign fundraising activities and functions
- Help identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors – asking prospects to join in making a gift
- Help develop and implement specific solicitation strategies for individual prospects
- Personally, solicit gifts for the Campaign
- Attend Steering Committee meetings and Campaign functions
- Be a public ambassador for the Campaign
If you are interested in supporting NMDF and the Navy Museum Campaign, please contact, Kevin Traver, Chief Development Officer, NMDF, KTraver@NMDF.org.